The Transition Wilmslow Energy Group were successful with an application for funding from LEAF in January 2012 to carry out energy-related work across Wilmslow, Handforth and Alderley Edge.
Some of the key outcomes of the work include the following:
- 100 houses were assessed using thermal imaging cameras, which allowed their occupants to see where heat energy was leaking from their homes
- Community ‘ambassadors’ were recruited and trained to assess homes so that they could give advice on how simple energy saving measures could be implemented.
- Interested households were loaned electricity monitors so that they could investigate their own patterns of electricity consumption
- Energy audits were carried out on 11 community halls by qualified energy assessors
- An energy assessment was made for a community bio-digester
For a detailed summary of the project outcomes please see the LEAF Final Report
For further information about LEAF click here